Sunday, December 03, 2023

fifteen

 Dear Bryce,

15 today...I have no words. (OK that's a lie, you know I have lots of words, but damn it is hard to put them into something that makes sense, but you know I'm going to try). This past year has not been the easiest, you've battled injuries and setbacks that have taken their toll, but I have watched you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and forge ahead more determined than ever to reach your goals. I have never met anyone more determined than you. When you set your mind to something, there is no stopping you. You work hard at absolutely everything you do, and it is so amazing to watch you push yourself to new heights. I can't believe you are in high school, and wrestling your first varsity matches the last couple of days. I know you have been waiting for that day for a long time so it filled me with so much joy to watch you out there doing what you love and leaving no doubt that you belong on that mat. I'm so excited to see what the rest of your freshman year has in store for you, to watch you continue to wrestle, play high school golf and to play baseball again this summer, you have so much to look forward to and so much more fun to be had. Keep your intensity and focus but remember to have some fun along the way.  Dad and I are so proud of you, your work ethic and your heart. Hope 15 is all you wish for, you deserve nothing less. Happy Birthday Bryce, we love you so damn much (even though you make us crazy 90% of the time😜)!

No comments: