Monday, December 03, 2018

The Big 1-0

Dear Bryce,
As I sit here writing this in the hours before you turn 10, I am at a loss. How in the world did this happen so fast? It has been incredible to watch you grow and change into this independent, stubborn, loving boy (young man? what do I even call you now?) Your life centers around all things sports. When you're involved in something you jump in with both feet and immerse yourself in whatever you are doing. Always striving to be better than the day before, understanding that nothing is going to come easy, it only comes with hard work, determination and the drive to never give up. You make friends where ever you go. I'm pretty sure in every wrestling tournament you've been to you come away with at least one new friend and the next time you see them, you'll be at their mat cheering them on. You learned from a very young age that there is so much more to sports than winning and losing and it does my heart good to see you carry that with you as you grow (it is something that many adults have yet to learn). Now, that isn't to say you don't like to win or don't want to win, you absolutely do, but I really feel like you embody the saying "I never lose, I either win or I learn".  I  hope this 10th year brings you all the love, joy, laughter you deserve. You are the bright spot in every day and you are loved beyond measure. Happy 10th Birthday, Bryce. Hope it is the best day ever!
Love Always,
Mom


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Bryce. Lots of Love, Aunt Mary Margaraet