Friday, August 02, 2019

and just like that she is 14...


My Sweet Girl,
My intent when starting these letters was to write you one every year on your birthday until you were 18, and now sitting here writing this hours before your 14th birthday, I can't believe my letters to you are quickly coming to an end. I'm at a loss,  I don't know how to put my feelings about you and this year into words (don't worry...I'll still try).
B, you continually amaze me with your confidence and kindness. I've watched you over the last year become a strong leader and use your loud (so very loud) voice for words of  encouragement and love for your teammates. If it wasn't evident before this year (it was) softball is your passion. You love this sport and the people it has brought into your life with such a fierceness, it is inspiring. To find something you love at such a young age is something special. It is amazing to watch the way your face lights up when you play and when you are surrounded by your teammates. When you are on that field or in the dugout you are living your best life, and it is something that I will never tire of watching. I hope you always have that fire and passion, if not about softball  about something else you discover you love. While it feels like this is all happening too quickly, I don't really want time to slow down because I love seeing the woman you are becoming. Don't get me wrong, I miss the little snuggle bug that wanted to be by my side all the time, but there is an immense amount of joy that comes from watching you be independent and strong. Being your mom has filled a part of my heart I didn't know was empty. You are beautiful, funny, kind, loving and fiercely loyal and I can't believe you are mine. You are one of the greatest joys of my life...I am so blessed to be your mom.
Happy 14th, B...I love you beyond measure.




No comments: