Wednesday, August 02, 2017

twelve...

Dear Brianna,
You'd think after 11 letters, the 12th one would be a piece of cake!  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case as I sit here the night before you turn 12. At this time 12 years ago, I had no idea how my world would change in less than 24 hours. You surprised me then, by making your appearance 4 weeks early and you have continued to surprise me every day of these last 12 years. You my sweet girl are one of a kind. I'm pretty sure you giggle 20 hours out of the day, you are constantly laughing (a lot of the time at yourself)almost to the point of making us crazy! In all honesty, your laugh is one of my favorite sounds in the world. You love your friends and family fiercely and you put your heart into everything you do. You are stubborn, gosh are you stubborn (You get that from your dad😊) You will argue about everything, convinced  you are right, and even when you discover you are in fact wrong, you continue to state your case passionately, not wanting to give anyone (especially your brother) the satisfaction of proving you wrong. You bring so much joy to our lives and watching you grow up and become this amazingly confident, strong young women is one of the best things in my life. Twelve years ago tonight I had no idea how my life was about to change, I can honestly say, from the bottom of my heart...it is absolutely more amazing then I ever could have imagined. Keep being the beautiful person you are my sweet girl, never let anyone dull your sparkle. You are amazing exactly the way you are.
Happy 12th Birthday my sweet girl. I love you more than you could possibly imagine.
Love always,
Mom


No comments: