Saturday, December 03, 2016

eight...

Dear Bryce,
Oh my sweet boy, how is it that today you are turning eight? This year has flown by at such a crazy pace. It seems like each year these letters get a little bit harder, I have so much I want to tell you but I can't seem to find the words. I hope it is because I tell you every day how much I love you and how proud I am of you, but in reality I think it is more because I am in awe of the person you are becoming. Life is busy running from place to place, spending more time in school gyms, baseball diamonds, soccer and football fields than I ever dreamed possible, but let me let you in on a little secret...there is absolutely no place in this world I'd rather be than sitting in the stands watching you play. Your love of everything life has to offer is infectious. You just love life and all the little things it provides and it does my heart so good to see your joy. You've had some disappointments this year, things didn't always go the way you wanted on the mat or field, but you held your head high, talked about what happened and tried to take away some good and learn from each disappointment. I know a lot of adults that can't do that (your mom included). Hold onto that. Keep learning from your losses and disappointments, use it to keep you driven and passionate. You know no matter what you do or where you go, whether you win or lose, dad and I will always be right there, cheering you on. We are your biggest fans and we are so excited to see what this next year has in store. Happy Birthday to you my sweet Bryce. May all your dreams come true.

Love always,
Mommy



No comments: