Sunday, August 02, 2015

the big 1-0

My sweet girl,
I'm having such a hard time writing this birthday letter. Ten, it just seems like it deserves some great and wise words of wisdom, and words are failing me. You know me though, I couldn't let this birthday pass without at least trying to put something together.

This last year has been so crazy busy, I can't believe we're here again. With soccer, basketball, softball and swimming you've kept us running like crazy, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

You love to be involved in all of the sports, and you are discovering your love for pitching. You work so hard at everything you do and we are so so proud of you for that. I love that you are willing to try new things, even if they are hard, and continue to work and get better at a skill even when met with bumps along the road.

You love to cheer on your brother (even when his wrestling meets do go a little long). It is so sweet to see your relationship with Bryce grow, you are his biggest fan and his protector but he is also the person that can push your buttons the fastest, just as a sibling should. During the school year and wrestling season on Mondays when you had to do high/low when it was a wrestling weekend you almost always said your high for the weekend was Bryce winning a tournament or just watching him wrestle in general. That speaks volumes about your love of family and your giant heart.

You've continued to do so well at school, but probably the best thing I heard all year was when your teacher told us at parent teacher conferences what she witnessed at recess one day. She said there was a child sitting all alone at recess and you walked up and started talking to/playing with this child. She was so proud and said that as a teacher all the academic achievements pale in comparison to that. I blinked back the tears and looked over at you and you just kind of shrugged your shoulders like it was no big deal...why wouldn't you go talk to/play with someone who was alone. Your teacher said we should be proud of the young lady you are. She is so right....and we are so so proud of the girl you are and the young lady you are becoming.

You are a beautiful girl with an even more beautiful heart, and that radiates through in everything you do. Now, don't get me wrong you aren't all sunshine and roses, but the good days far outweigh the bad. :)

Ten years ago today you made me a mom, it is the hardest and most rewarding thing I've ever done (and will continue to do). I love you with everything I have and you make my world so much brighter just by being in it.

I love you sweet girl! I hope you have a wonderful day today and  year ahead.

Happy 10th Birthday!
love always,
mama


No comments: