Thursday, December 03, 2015

seven...

My sweet boy,
As I sit here hours before your seventh birthday while you are fast asleep, I'm at a loss of what to say. These birthday posts get harder for me each year. There is so much I want to say but I just can't seem to find the words. You have grown and changed so much this past year. You have found a love of wrestling that quite honestly surprised me. I wasn't sure how you would like it, but you took to it so quickly and are always eager to learn. It definitely helped that you have some amazing young men that took you under their wing and have treated you like a little brother. Nothing makes a mom happier than for her child to have good kids as role models and you certainly have that. I feel like wrestling has taught you so much already, hard work, dedication, and teamwork, not to mention being a good sportsman. You had some amazing successes this year but you also had to learn to deal with disappointment, and while that was tough to see...you handled it all so well. You amaze me every single day. Beyond wrestling, you had so much fun playing baseball, soccer and football this year.  It always makes me smile at how you seem to be one of the smallest kids out there but you always play with so much heart. Your smile is contagious and you always seem to know when I need a hug or sweet word from you. You have the biggest heart my boy, and you are such a good friend. I know I'm just rambling at this point...so I'll just end this year's letter by saying...I am so so proud of you my sweet boy. You are the kindest, sweetest, most fun-loving kid I have ever met and I love you so very much. I hope you have the best 7th birthday and I can't wait to see what the next year brings for you.
Love you always and forever!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: