Saturday, December 03, 2011

three on the third...

Three...it is such a small number, but today it seems so big.  Three means being able to do stuff yourself, carrying on conversations, being a big boy.  You are not my little baby anymore...I mean I will still totally refer to you as my baby, but you are my little boy now and there is no going back.  It wasn't great timing that I started a new job right before your birthday, but when you came in the office today wrapped your arms around me and said "mommy, I missed you soo much!" my heart ached because you and me little man, we've been together since the beginning and now there are so many changes coming our way.  I never realized how much I would miss your hugs, kisses and laughter throughout the day.  I know that this is a great change for both of us, but I know it is just another sign that you are growing up and I'm not quite ready for that yet.  You, little man, have my heart in the palm of your hand.  As much as you can push my buttons, you also know that your smile, laugh and a hug and kiss go a long way to making mama feel better.  Everyday you grow I get a glimpse into the man you will one day become.  A sweet, kind, loving man who knows just when to be a goofball and just what to say to have everyone eating out of the palm of your hand.  You, baby boy are one amazing kid, you never cease to amaze me with the things that come out of your mouth or the looks you give me when I'm trying to get you to do something that I want you to do.  You are way too smart for your own good.  Thank you for giving me a glimpse of the baby you were every now and then when you cuddle up in my lap or snuggle beside me while you sleep, it helps me hold onto my baby for just a little while longer.  To everyone else three may be a small number, but to me, right now, it is much too big.
Happy happy 3rd birthday monkey boy!  I love you more than you could possibly imagine!
Love always,
mama

No comments: