Tuesday, March 15, 2011

zero waste day...

My friend Abbie over at Greening Sam and Avery is hosting a zero waste day next Tuesday.  Today she is having a "practice" day.  Today write down everything you throw away and then between now and next Tuesday try to figure out how to avoid throwing that same stuff away.  (Go over here to read her idea/details, she is much better at explaining than I am).  I'm going to try to do this.  In the spirit of full disclosure, Tuesdays aren't a typical day around our house because I work and the kids are gone for the afternoon/evening, BUT it is a start.  We will not be able to go completely waste free because Bryce is still in diapers, but maybe it will push me to get him potty trained, lets be honest I'm ready to be done with the diapers.  I encourage you all to try this out, I know I definitely need to be more mindful of what we throw away in this house.  I'll be back later to let you all know what I threw away today! 

No comments: