Monday, March 14, 2011

monday blessings...

I so badly want to stay positive in this post...I feel like I'm such a whiner sometimes on here, I do realize how lucky I am in my life and everyday I'm thankful for it.  Today was mostly a good day...I would say the good definitely outweighed the bad.  I picked up another night of working for my old boss and potentially a new client to help out with some accounting.  After the repairs we've had to do in the last month the extra income is definitely welcome and appreciated.  I finished up my monthly work that I do for a client in Florida today and it was not as painful as I thought it would be. Then I actually got to do something creative and made some new jewelry for my sister while Bryce was napping and Brianna was supposed to be picking up the downstairs.  I feel good about the things I accomplished today, nothing big, but accomplishments none the less and for that I am grateful. (I guess maybe those positive thinking books I've been reading DO help!)

Writing this made me just have an idea.  Although I am a few days late on starting this I think this year my Lenten promise will be to come here each day and tell you all about the 5 things that I'm thankful for each day.  Maybe it will help me keep things in perspective much more often.  If you want, leave me a comment letting me know what you are thankful for, I would love to hear!  So here it goes for today...

I am thankful for...
  1. employers who think enough of me to recommend me to their friends
  2. the opportunity to help my family financially anyway I can
  3. being able to snuggle with my baby boy and help us both get a few more minutes of sleep
  4. a thank you from my kids and husband for making dinner
  5. the excitement my baby girl has for learning to read

No comments: