Thursday, March 10, 2011

on the brink...

I am on the brink of complete exhaustion.  (Hi by the way...sorry I've neglected you for the last 6 days).  We spent the past weekend in the Peoria area with our friends Dawn, Chris & Hayden.  It was a much needed break from all things related to this house.  We had such a wonderful time, we went swimming (indoor pool...the warmest one I've ever been in!) and the kids loved it and it completely wore Bryce out.  He fell asleep in my arms before 7pm and he slept the whole night.  Both kids loved playing with Hayden and who wouldn't...he is the sweetest boy!  Bryce kept trying to hug him and Brianna loved playing with him and reading books to him.  It was just an amazingly relaxing day...thank you Miles family!!  On the way back home Sunday my old boss called and asked if I could help her out with a project, not being one to turn down some money at this point (we did just have 2 sizable repair bills in the last month) I said yes.  I headed over to the office at 5 and worked until 11.  Bryce was up Sunday night so I ended up having to sleep (or not sleep as the case may be) on the futon with him.  Tuesday and Wednesday I had my regular weekly work and then Wednesday night I helped my old boss out again until 11pm.  Today I am dragging and the kids have so much energy.  All I really want to do is curl up in bed with a book...but I don't think the kids will let me!  Must run...Bryce is trying to scale the wall right now, the energy of a two year old...if I could bottle and sell it I'd be a very rich woman right now!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Again - so glad you came. You're a crazy working woman! Here's to finding the energy to get you through! Love!