Friday, January 21, 2011

wondering...

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I write about here and what is off limits (to me personally) to talk about on the internet.  Sometimes there is something I want to write about so badly, but I always have to think things through and really decide if it something I'm comfortable sharing and what the consequences may be if I share and if it will it impact anyone else.  There are obviously varying degrees of what people think is acceptable to share on the internet.  For me, I rarely talk about my marriage...not that I don't think it deserves to be talked about but things that go on are not just my story to share, they are Bob's as well and it is something that I just don't feel comfortable sharing.  There are some that do not share pictures of their children.  Obviously, that is not the case for me.  Most of the people that read here know me (and my family) in real life, so I feel comfortable sharing pictures of my children.  I know as they get older what I share about their lives will have to be edited more, because again...they are their stories to share not only mine. How do you (if you blog) decide what you are going to share and what you aren't...is it purely a gut thing or do you have a list of things you will definitely never talk about?  I'd love to hear your process.

On a completely random note...I read an article the other day that it is incorrect to have two spaces after a period at the end of a sentence.  I took a typing class in junior high and we were taught to put two spaces.  I still use two spaces, I had no idea this was incorrect, and since I've been typing that way for over half my life, I'm not sure I'll be able to change now!  Do you use two spaces or one after your punctuation at the end of a sentence?  Inquiring minds want to know!

No comments: