Friday, July 16, 2010

vince and shelley...

Our friend from Knox, Vince, got married on July 3rd to a wonderful girl named Shelley. Bob had the honor of being a groomsman in the wedding, so we headed down to Champaign on Thursday for a long weekend of fun. Angie and Nick kept the 2 kids so on Friday while Bob was off playing golf (where he shot a 68 by the way...30 on the front 9...he was on cloud 9) I drove 1/2 way to Wentzville, MO for a kid drop off. Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and we had so much fun hanging out with our Knox friends that were there...we even played a couple of games of caps in the hotel. (If you have never been to Knox or gone to school there or have a friend who went there...you will have no idea what this game is, but trust me it is one of the best games ever invented!). Saturday I had the luxury of laying in bed, reading, taking a nap, etc. I seriously did not leave the hotel room until I left for the wedding. Bob even brought me breakfast and lunch...heck I don't know if I even got out of bed until I got up to get ready! It was heaven. That is definitely not a luxury I have much of these days! The wedding was beautiful as was the reception. It was a beautiful day and they are such a great couple and we are so happy to get the pleasure of watching our friends get married. Especially those who were there with us the day we got married. Bob and I certainly enjoyed our kid free night and dance and laughed the night away with old friends. Congratulations Vince and Shelley!



photo stolen from Holly :)

No comments: