Sunday, August 20, 2006

canoe-a-palooza 2006



At least once a year (which is not nearly enough if you ask my opinion) a group of six girls (including myself) get together with our spouses, significant others, etc. Most years however, at least one of us is missing, because some people have to live all the way out in Boston! :) This year I had the bright idea to go canoeing. There is a canoe rental place about 10 minutes from my parent's house in Iowa, and its fairly cheap and everyone seemed excited about it, so I began the planning. First of all, planning something with this many people is tough, we had about 2 weekends all summer that everyone thought they would be able to make it. When I called to reserve canoes for a Saturday they were of course already all booked up. So back to the drawing board. To make a very long story short, after many emails and phone calls, we finally decided on Friday August 11 for our canoe trip.



We got started about 12:30 Friday afternoon and floated down river for the next 6 hours. We had an absolute blast! I won't bore you with all the details of the day's events (because I don't remember a lot of them :) ) Afterwards, we had a cookout/bonfire at my parent's house and spent the rest of the night talking, laughing, & eating! :) There was only one bad thing about the whole weekend, Ben wasn't able to come canoeing :( . But he did drive to my parents house after work, so we got to see him for a little while. Everyone else made it though, even Jenn came from Boston! It was great to see everyone and I think we've decided to try to make this an annual event! Plus we all promised that we'd try to see each other more than once a year!

It was a great time and I'm soo glad it worked out and that we got to see everyone. I love you all so much, and miss you lots!

There are some pictures in the August album. (please excuse the blurry pictures (it was my old camera) )

No comments: