Tuesday, June 20, 2006

father's day, old friends, & of course...golf


First of all, I want to say Happy Dad's day to all the dad's out there. The word father always makes me think of this quote "Anyone can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a dad" (or it goes something like that) and the following people are definitely special enough to be dads. First of all to Bob, you are such an amazing daddy to Brianna. She absolutely lights up when you are around (as you do around her) and seeing you with her makes me love you even more (and I didn't realize that was even possible!) I know I never tell you enough how much I appreciate everything you do for us, but we both love you so much, and I'm amazed by you everyday! You are a wonderful husband and father and I love you more and more every day. To my dad, I don't even know if I could ever have the words to thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for me (and my family). I know you think the stuff you do is "no big deal" but it means a lot to us, and we could never repay you for all you've done. I'm sure I don't say this enough...but Thank you, and I love you. To Bob(my other dad), from the moment I met you, you welcomed me into the family with open arms. You do so much for us, from watching Brianna, to mowing our grass, and all the things in between, we appreciate it more than you know and we love you so much! Both of you (dad & Bob) are wonderful Grandpas to Brianna, and I know she will feel as blessed as I do, having had such great relationships with my grandpa's, and such wonderfully precious memories.

As I was writing this I realized that I never said thank you to the mom's in my life at Mother's Day, so I guess now is as good as time as any...as long as I'm in the sappy mood! To my mom, you know I love you lots! :) You're always there when I need to talk to someone, to complain, or to tell my funny stories to, or just to chat about nothing. You do more for me than you know, and for that I'm truly grateful. Nancy, you too, have welcomed me into the family and made me feel at home in your home. We both appreciate how much you do for us and for Brianna. We love you lots! You are both such good Grandmas and Brianna is so lucky to have you, and you have both been so wonderfully supportive while I have been figuring out this whole motherhood thing for the last year, and that means the world to me. And to my grandmas (both by blood & marriage), I love you all so much!

OK, now that I'm done with the sappy stuff... :)

This weekend was such fun (for the most part...there was an incident at the grocery store, but I don't have the energy to post about it now...maybe tomorrow).

Sunday, the Carroll family came over for lunch, along with our buddy Garth, who was staying here for the weekend, and then of course we watched the final round of the US Open. Sunday night a bunch of Bob's golfing buddies came over so they could hold their fantasy football draft. Yes, it is June, and they are talking football already. They are a little crazy about the fantasy football, but it was great to see all the guys. Holly and I left the boys to their draft and went to see "The Break Up", which we both enjoyed, and Brianna stayed here and kept an eye on the boys! :)


Yesterday, both Bob & I took the day off, so we attended the Knosher Golf Outing (this is a Knox Alumni event, for those of you who don't know) Bob played and I walked & watched. Knox golf was such a big part of Bob's college years (although if you know him at all, this is not a surprise to you) These guys are some of Bob's best friends (and also mine too) and they are the nicest guys anyone could hope to meet. It was such a blast to hang out with all of them and talk about old times, there were lots of laughs! :) And of course the day was topped off by the fact that the team Bob was on won! (well, they won the gross score). Needless to say a good time was had by all.

Well, I think I've rambled enough for tonight.... Lots of love to you all...

No comments: