Sunday, September 18, 2005

brianna's baptism

Yesterday was Brianna's baptism. She was baptized at St. John the Evangelist Church in Streamwood. My sister, Angie, is Brianna's Godmother and Bob's brother, Brian, is her Godfather. There were 3 other babies being baptized at the same ceremony (all boys). As you can see from this picture and if you look at all the other pictures in the Yahoo photo album, she slept the entire time. She didn't cry at all, not even when the water went into her eye. Well, her eyes were closed but still. She jumped when the Deacon was baptizing her and so it went into her eye a little. She was very good though, and she looked like a little angel! We had a little reception/party for her back at the house following the ceremony and we had quite a few members of our families, and a couple of friends(Ben & Amanda :o) ), so that was very nice. Everything pretty much went off without a hitch, except for the fact that the food was ready about 2 1/2 hours after I planned for it to be. But I guess no one starved to death, but I was still upset about it. All in all, I guess you could call it a success, but I won't be ready to have another big gathering for quite a while! Thanks again to everyone who made it to the baptism, it really meant a lot to us, and for those of you who couldn't make it, we know you were there with us in spirit and we hope to see you soon! I think that is going to be all for tonight. I have an IRS test that I'm taking on Wednesday and Thursday this week that I'm completely unprepared for, so I need to get working on that! So it may be a few days before I post again, but until then...take care of yourselves!
Happy Anniversary Bob & Nancy!
Happy Birthday tomorrow Bob!

No comments: