Tuesday, December 03, 2013

to my amazing five year old...

My dear sweet funny Bryce,

How in the world are you 5 today? I know this sounds very cliche but I swear it feels like only yesterday you were this 5lb 7oz little peanut all snuggled up in my arms, and now you barely fit in my arms. You make me laugh...oh how you make me laugh. Your imagination and ability to make any mundane task into something of epic proportions never cease to amaze me. Your ability to jump into new situations with ease astounds me. Your teachers say that you are a problem solver, you will get the shy kids to talk and strike up a conversation with anyone. You always want to be playing with someone or at least sitting right by them, you like the company...except when you are playing the iPad or DS, then you are content to be by yourself (mostly because then you don't have to share and you think we'll forget how long you have been playing). You do absolutely everything at full speed, it is like you are trying to get every ounce of fun out of every minute. I hope you continue to live your life that way...to just live and enjoy the little things. You remind me of this every day, that there is so much joy in the little things if we just look for it. You never let anything get you down for long, after a few minutes you are up and ready to smile, laugh and play again. You don't like wasting time on the stuff that isn't fun. You have the biggest heart and hate to see anyone sad or left out. There are so many things I love about you little man, your big heart and your love of life are just a couple, but they are such a big part of who you are right now at 5 and I hope they are a big part of who you are becoming. I know you are getting too big to be held while you sleep in church (just remember that all ends when you turn 5) but Sunday as you slept in my arms I couldn't help but get a little sad...in so many ways you are that tiny baby I held in my arms 5 short years ago, same gorgeous eyelashes, adorable little nose and kissable lips...but so much has changed...you have changed. What an amazing ride these last 5 years have been...thanks for letting me be a part of it and for still wanting to crawl up in my lap every now and then, mamas need that sometimes. You, my sweet, sweet boy are one of the greatest joys of my life. You constantly make me smile, laugh and question my sanity, but I wouldn't trade one second of the last 5 years. You make our family whole. I hope 5 is the best year yet...I can't wait to see where it takes you.
I love you more than words can possibly say.
Happy Birthday my sweet boy.

Love always,
mama

No comments: