Friday, May 03, 2013

3653 days...

Dear Bob,

We have spent 3653 days as husband and wife (I'm sure you're going to check that to make sure I'm right, but the internet told me it was 3653 days so you know it has to be true...the internet doesn't lie).  How can I even being to reflect on those days with you? You know I'm going to try though right?  I was going to write 3653 words for 3653 days, but man, that is a lot of words...my wittiness wears off somewhere around word 1000.  Back to the topic at hand...

A few weeks ago while we were driving I asked you if this is where you thought we'd be in 10 years, standing in that church as wide eyed kids.  You thought for a moment and told me that you didn't really have a picture in your head about where we would be in 10 years other than knowing we'd have at least a couple kids.  You asked me the question in return.  I don't know if I ever really gave you an answer or if I just beat around the bush as I am known to do when I can't find the right words.  So, here is my answer...10 years ago I would have said we'd have some great kids who never misbehaved and always listened, I would be a mom who never yelled, I'd be a wife who'd always have a clean house and food on the table.  Ten years later I can say this, we have two great kids...as far as the misbehaving and listening, well you live there too, I don't need to tell you how that is going.  I yell far more than I'd like, the house is almost never clean and although I do cook quite often, it is sometimes more of a struggle than I'd like. I am tired, stressed and sometimes beg for just a few minutes of peace and quiet. 

These last couple of years have pushed us to the brink of insanity (or in my case, closer than I had previously been), they were hard and I didn't know if they were going to ever end.  But you always did (or at least you put on a brave face for me), and as hard as it was there was never any question that we were on the same side, fighting and working toward the same goal. 

I don't know that I am any wiser than that girl was 10 years ago, but I do know there is no place on earth I'd rather be and no one I'd rather be on this chaotic roller coaster with. Our perfectly imperfect life is more than that wide eyed girl could have ever imagined, it is beyond anything I could have dreamed and everything I never knew I wanted.

So, where do I see us 10 years from now? Watching Brianna finish out her junior year in high school and getting ready to be a senior, praying for our lives as Bryce starts driving (oh dear...this is starting to scare me...hopefully the next 10 years go a little slower than the last 10) but mostly I just see us...together.
Together is all that matters, the rest is just icing on the cake.

3653 days is a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of days you'll be stuck with me. 

Thank you for an incredible 10 years and for always being my biggest fan and best friend.

Love you more than all my rambling words can possibly say.

Love always,
me

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Seriously - could you be any cuter? :)