Monday, December 03, 2012

birthday number four...

Dear Bryce,
This is the first time I've every really been stumped as to what to write to you on your birthday.  I try to tell you everyday how much you are loved and how special you are and it is my hope that you always know that and that these birthday posts are just a little extra special boost of love for you.  I'm not sure why I'm having such difficulty with this post, maybe because your antics often leave me speechless so when I think back over the last year...I really just have no words.  I has been a bit of a rough year...lots of changes both good and bad.  But you've handled it better than I think anyone your age would.  You have a heart of gold, but definitely have a little mischievous streak and love to keep us on our toes.  Your stories keep us laughing and wondering what exactly goes on in that brain of yours...oh to just be inside your head for a little while would be such an amazing (and probably scary) thing!  You seem wise beyond your years, but I think you'll always have the heart of a little boy, easy to love,easy to hurt, but never one to hold a grudge.  I'm in awe of the person you are growing up to be.  I see so much of your daddy in you, always be proud of that...he is a good man, one of the best in fact.  I know that as you grow I will learn as much, if not more, from you as you will from me.  You are my heart little man and you are one of the greatest joys in my life.  Even when I am upset and we argue (and I'm sure that will happen a lot more as the years go on) never, ever forget that I love you with all of my heart and will always be your biggest fan.  I love you little man!
4 years ago I didn't think it was possible to love you more than I did in this moment looking at you right after you were born...4 years later I can honestly say I love you more every single day. Thank you for making every day an adventure, I am so thankful and blessed that God chose me to be your mommy!

Happy 4th Birthday to the most handsome, loveable, funny four year old I know!
Love always,
Mommy

No comments: