Friday, February 03, 2012

i know i owe you an update, but first....

A book review!  (Grandma I promise to come back and write again soon!)

I received Witches Under Way by Debora Geary a week ago.  Believe me it didn't take me a week to read it, this is just the first chance I've had to write a review.  Witches Under Way is the sequel to Witches on Parole Unlocked, a spin off (of sorts) of the Modern Witch series.  I may or may not squeal with delight every single time Debora's name appears in my inbox.  I truly have loved every single one of these books, and she always leaves me itching for the next installment.  Anyway, enough rambling...on to the review!

 Witches Under Way finds us once again catching up with Elsie and Lizard, both of whom are working through their personal baggage on their way to becoming the kind of women and witches they were meant to be.   Lizard is becoming quite the realtor-in-training, but shows her true passion when she begins taking poetry classes at the local college.  Elsie is slowly trying to recapture some of the childhood she never even knew she missed, and all of our favorite witches are there to help them along the way.  To the shock of everyone, even themselves, Elsie and Lizard have formed a bond and are becoming each others biggest supporter, while at the same time being the one to help push the other to do things they didn't know they could.

I'll admit, I was sad when I got to the last page of this book, I couldn't believe it was over so quickly and I wanted to see what happened next in the lives of Elsie and Lizard.  I cannot wait to see how their story ends (however, I will hate to see it end at all). 

Another wonderful book by Geary.  This entire series is a must read in this girl's opinion!

No comments: