Monday, November 07, 2011

am i the only one...

Do you all plan out your Christmas shopping?  I'm just wondering if I'm a little crazy and my frugalness (so totally a word) is becoming a problem, because I have spreadsheets.  I've started researching what each person on my list will be getting for Christmas, I search for the best deals, I use ebates if I shop online.  (If  you do a lot of shopping online ebates is totally worth your time to look into www.ebates.com and if you sign up...use me as a referral! :)).  I know exactly how much I'll be spending on each person on my list and I know exactly what I can/will get for that amount.  I like my money to go far.  And yes I know that Christmas isn't about gifts, but I personally get so much joy out of seeing someone love a gift I've picked out for them, it makes me happy and it makes them feel special.  Here is the thing with me...when I am shopping for gifts I am a total impulse buyer and if I don't have a plan I will totally blow my budget in no time.  Hence the reason I shop online, the pull to just get one more thing for this person or that person isn't quite as strong.  Inquiring minds want to know...do you do your Christmas shopping with a plan or do you just buy whatever strikes your fancy while you're shopping? 

(sorry for the completely random post, but I feel like time is moving so quickly these days and there isn't enough time to get everything done so I'm trying to get a jump on things!)

No comments: