Tuesday, August 02, 2011

i turned around and you were six...

Dear Brianna,
I start thinking about these letters to you months before your birthday.  I write and rewrite posts in my head and when I finally sit down at my computer to type it out I am at a loss for words.  I have so much I want to say to you, but no words ever seem adequate.  You are one of the greatest joys of my life.  Being your mommy has fulfilled a dream that I have had since I was very young.  Your smile lights up a room and I cannot help but smile when you laugh.  You are sweet and kind and love your friends and family fiercely.  It is truly a joy to be your mommy.  That is not to say being your mommy has been all sunshine and roses...oh no my dear, you and I...we are the same, so we butt heads and are quick to anger at the same things.  We also have the same heart, one that can get bruised easily but one that loves big.   It is all going so fast. My tiny little baby girl is turning into an amazing young lady right before my eyes.  My sweet baby girl, I hope 6 is everything you want it to be.  I know this year will bring so many changes for you and so far you are handling them all with the grace that I knew you would have.  I know this year will bring you more independence and in some ways a little farther away from being my little girl, but know that I am always here and you are never too big to be wrapped in mommy's arms.


I love you my beautiful girl.  Happy, Happy 6th Birthday.
Love always,
Mommy

No comments: