Sunday, June 05, 2011

sunday thoughts...

Today started out rough, the kids were crabby and didn't want to get ready for church and I lost my patience when they complained about the clothes or shoes I picked out.  We finally got out the door and I was still upset sitting in church (which makes it lose all meaning for me) but then Bryce fell asleep on me and looking at him so peaceful I felt the peace as well.  It is pretty well known that I don't sleep well and I worry A LOT...but today during church they sang one of my favorite songs.  The refrain is this "Be not afraid, I go before you always...come follow me, and I will give you rest."  When I first heard it today I thought of the sleeping boy in my arms and the smiling girl sitting beside me that I would always be there for them and I don't want them to be afraid and then it struck me.  This is exactly what I needed to hear.  I am doing everything in my power to do the best I can for my family, and now I just need to follow Him and have faith.  Suddenly when I realized this, this feeling of relief and peace washed over me.  I will continue to do the best I can for those I love, but I will also trust that He will lead me in the right direction, it is my job to follow where He leads.  Each day of our lives is such a gift and we need to treat it as such. Enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments: