Thursday, June 02, 2011

at least i show up once a week...

I've just been stuck in my blogging lately...things I want to write about but don't feel comfortable writing about because they are deeply personal and are not just about myself.  Things are stressful, selling a house is stressful, making back-up plans to separate your family (because of the house...even if it is good in the long run) for the short term is stressful, job hunting is hard.  Things are just...hard.  But today...TODAY is a good day.  Not that it hasn't had its bumps, I lost my temper, kids didn't listen, but overall it has been a good day.  The kids slept in a bit, we had 2 full hours outside this morning, riding bikes, swinging and hitting golf balls in the yard.  Everything just felt right.  I am trying to enjoy these days...the days I get to play in the yard with the kids while everyone is at work and school, where things are quiet and all I hear are birds chirping and kids laughing.  It fills up my soul and makes me believe in my heart things will be right and while they are hard and may be hard for a while...there is a purpose, and that purpose is worth all the hard times.
Today I am thankful for this

These two beautiful children who occasionally drive me to the brink of insanity, always bring me back and show me what happiness is truly about.

Thanks again to Jean for her Thankful Thursday contribution...
For little Elliott- taking some feeds from a bottle, growing, and getting closer and closer to coming to Dubuque.
For my children, who at the ages they are still surprise me.(in a good way)
For a sister that listens, but doesn't judge me.
A newly mowed lawn-even if it only lasts for a little while

If you'd like to let us know what you're thankful for...leave a comment!
Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: