Thursday, March 31, 2011

thankful day(s) 17 &18 and other randomness...

It really shouldn't be that hard to post everyday should it?  Lots of people do it...but for some reason I have a really hard time...guess it is my lack of discipline!  (or really by the time I sit down to write I am tired and/or hurried.)  ANYWAY, enough about all of that.  I don't have much new or exciting going on.  Our house has been on the market for a month now, we've had around 8 showings and our realtor tells us there are a couple of parties interested but no one is ready to "pull the trigger" yet.  This house selling stuff is definitely a huge test of patience on my part, but I know it will happen when the time is right.  Thanks to all of you who are thinking good thoughts for us...we appreciate it more than you know! 
(switching subjects entirely now)
Last week Bob gave me my birthday present (a little early so I could take it with me last weekend).  I am the proud owner of a nookcolor!  All of the begging, annoying, talking incessantly about it, subtle hints paid off!  I will never stop reading books, because I love the feel of a book in my hand and I love going to the library, BUT it is SOOO nice to have 20+ books at my fingertips while traveling.  I can just stick the nook in my purse and I have books!  No more packing 2, 3, even 4 books when I go somewhere (yes, I read that much, what can I say I love books!  I am reading my 26th book of this year right now...it is a sickness).  Anyway, this is definitely one of the best birthday presents ever and I can honestly say I have used it every day since I got it.  (I can also check email and facebook and even blog from it (although I haven't tried that yet).  Alright I need to wrap this up for tonight I have been waiting to watch Grey's so I didn't have to watch commercials, but now that the house is quiet it is time to watch!
  1. illness that passed quickly with Brianna
  2. that the illness only really affected her (and me a little)
  3. a husband that keeps me on track of keeping this house picked up
  4. a husband that definitely does more than his share of the housework
  5. snuggling with Brianna today while Bryce napped (even though it only lasted a few minutes)
  6. kids riding bikes
  7. a weekend with only 1 planned activity
  8. a new greys and private practice
  9. thoughtful neighbors to seem genuinely sad that we are moving (at some point)(it really is a super neighborhood)
  10. that the ones I loved are tucked into bed fast asleep

No comments: