Wednesday, January 05, 2011

so it only took me 5 days...

I had every intention of finishing out the year with a real post and maybe even some great thoughts...but you know what happened?  My life.  We were at my parents over New Years and while we were there for almost 5 days it went too fast and there just wasn't enough time for everything I wanted to do.  On top of that, I got sick.  I still have a sore throat that I'm willing to get better, Bob has threatened offered to drag accompany my butt to the doctor if I'm not better by Friday.  Bryce has a nagging cough and cold so we've been doing breathing treatments twice a day, he has no fever or any other symptoms and unfortunately we are no strangers to breathing treatments around this house.  He is getting better, not that he ever really lets anything slow him down, but I can tell he is feeling more like himself.  So I think our Christmas festivities are now over and the tree is coming down tomorrow, I had planned to take it down today but lost all ambition after getting the wild man down for his nap.  I started my "to-do" list today...it is long...three pages long and my patience and ambition are running short.  I did cross a few things off my list (although they of course were ones I actually wanted to do and somewhat easy), made my 2011 calendar and ordered that along with a lot of other "free" stuff.  Bob laughs at me because all of this free stuff cost me $30, but heck...I got 250 business cards, a photo calendar, 2 personalized tote bags, a personalized pen, 25 business card magnets (for links of love), 10 large magnets with 2011 calendars (for links of love), 4 pads of sticky notes (also links of love), 1 large notepad, a personalized mousepad, a keychain, and a rubber stamp with our return address...I think that all is worth $30...someone back me up here! :)  I also ordered my book!  I have turned my first 5 years of this blog into a book.  I'm so excited to have a physical copy of my little piece of the internet.  Five years of my life wrapped up in 182 pages.  Thanks to my lovely friend Dawn who aided in this book happening as quickly as it did...LOVE YOU!  Other than that I did a whole lot of nothing today.  I'm having a very hard time getting back into the swing of things after the holidays, anyone else feeling that way?  I have a lot of work to do this month besides all the other things on my "to-do" list...I think 2011 is going to be a busy year for the Carroll family (NO, I'm not pregnant!), but there are definitely some changes that will be happening in the future.  I'm excited to see where this year takes us, but also extremely tired when I think about all the work that it is going to take to get us there.  With that...I will leave you with a few pictures from our time in Iowa! 

The capes my mom and I made the kids


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Sorry to hear you're still feeling under the weather! Hope you're better soon! And the capes look AMAZING! Way to go! Very impressive!