Friday, December 03, 2010

two...

Dear Bryce,
Today, my sweet boy...marks your second year on this earth with us.  The time seems to have gone so fast, but in truth,I have a hard time remembering what life was like before you.  In my mind, that small baby we brought home from the hospital (twice) simply cannot be the little boy I see before me.  How do I put into words who you are in this moment?  Opinionated, yet sweet, determined, but loving, mischievous, but always quick to say you're sorry.  You grow and change everyday before my eyes, and I am amazed at the person you are becoming.  You challenge me in ways I didn't even know possible, but through it all...you make me a better person and most definitely a better mom.  Every day I learn more about patience, kindness, forgiveness and love from you.  I think you teach me more than I teach you.   You make me smile and laugh, cry and scream, but I wouldn't have it any other way. If our life had a soundtrack right now there would be lots of chaos, crying, screaming for 'nacks, but there would also be laughter, oh the laughter.  Your laugh is one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard.  I think the laughter is what I'll remember most over the last two years.  Having you in our lives has been a roller coaster to say the least, but it is possibly one of the best rides I've ever been on.  Life is never dull (or quiet) with  you around.  What can I say Bubba, other than you are one of my life's greatest gifts and every moment I get to spend with you is a blessing.  I know I'm not perfect and I've made my mistakes, but there is no mistaking that I love you with every fiber of my being and I will try with everything I have to be the mama you deserve, and you deserve the best, baby boy. 
Happy 2nd Birthday!
I love you with everything I have and everything I am.
Love always,
mama

No comments: