Friday, December 24, 2010

traditions...

Holiday time (especially Christmas), for me is about traditions.  As a kid (and even now on the years we are in Iowa) we always went to Christmas Eve mass and then came home to have homemade pizza for dinner.  Every year...without fail, I love it.  Now that I have a family of my own we are trying to develop our own traditions.  It is a little hard to do since we spend every other Christmas away from home (not that I'm complaining, mind you) but we try our best to make each Christmas special and are still trying to find our way with the traditions.  I'm still a fan of going to Christmas Eve mass, so that has become a tradition for us and of course if Santa comes the kids always open his presents on Christmas morning.  It, to me, is interesting in ways we blend our families traditions, I feel like we have kept more of my family traditions but have adapted them in small ways.  How do you adapt your traditions or create your own?  I would love to hear what your family traditions are.  I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!  May you and your families have many blessings over the coming days. Much love, peace and happiness to you blogland!

**THIS  is one of the many reasons I love the blogging community.  Merry Christmas!!**

No comments: