Wednesday, December 15, 2010

slacker...

Geesh, I average a post a day in November and then December comes along and I am back to my slacking, neglectful ways.  I sort of expected it though, December is such a crazy month with Bryce's birthday and the holidays.  I cannot believe that Christmas is only 10 days away!  It should feel more like Christmas to me since my shopping is done, wrapping is done and the Christmas cards are out, but I'm just starting to feel the holiday spirit.  As much as I tell myself every year I'm going to slow down and enjoy this time, there just always seems to be so much stuff to do and squeeze in.  Last Thursday Angie and I decided to make an impromptu trip to Iowa to do some holiday baking.  It was fun to be together and bake cookies and make candy.  The kids had a great time playing together, but  were slightly rotten  terrible rambunctious during the time we were there.  We of course picked the weekend that there was a blizzard warning to go and ended up staying an extra night.  Our usual 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive home was more like 4 on Monday, but we made it home safe and sound and only a slightly stressed out mama!  We start our Christmas festivities this weekend with the Caruso family on Sunday.  Bob is on vacation (starting Friday) for the next two weeks and we're hoping to be able to squeeze in a movie sometime in the next two weeks and we have plans for dinner with some friends.  We are here (in Illinois) for Christmas this year and then traveling to Iowa for New Years.  I'm excited to spend the next couple of weeks surrounded by family and friends, we are so very blessed.  I promise to be back at least a couple of more times before the end of the year!  Until then, here are some pictures of my latest creations.  Scrabble tile pendants! (you can check them out with more detail over at links of love...either go to the links of love tab or click on the link!)

No comments: