Wednesday, November 03, 2010

pumpkin patch...

We headed out to the pumpkin patch with the kids again this year (it is sort of becoming a tradition and I love it).  See I'm not a huge Halloween person (I know, I know).  It is fun to get the kids costumes, but I don't look forward to it...they are expensive, and it is hard to find a costume that everyone can agree on...plus have you seen the girl's costumes??  They get shorter and skimpier every year...why in the world do I want my 5 year old to dress like that? Anyway, I'm not a Halloween person, I wasn't even as a kid, of course trick-or-treating was fun and I enjoyed the candy, but it just isn't my holiday.  I do however love fall and all things associated with fall...the changing leaves, pumpkins, the cool air.  Fall is my favorite season.  All of these things make me love the pumpkin patch.  This year Brian and Mary met up with us at our favorite pumpkin farm.  The kids are getting old enough that they have started to love going on rides and we even went on our first hayride!  We all had a great time and it was a beautiful day (although a little chillly).  We were so glad that Brian and Mary came along with us!








No comments: