Monday, November 15, 2010

monday mind dump...

Well, now that I've spoiled you all with frequent posts, I suppose I shouldn't stop now.  I'm laying on the couch, watching a rerun of Grey's Anatomy, with all of this garbage running through my head.  I thought maybe if I wrote it out I would be able to sleep, sort of like my nightly therapy.  Feel free to skim or skip, I have no idea if this will make sense or not.  Bullet points is what you get today/tonight...and maybe if you are good a picture or two at the end. (Edited to add:  apparently this is mostly a Christmas related post)
  • I'm seriously stressing about Christmas this year.  I have no idea what to get the kids.  They are only 5 and 2...shouldn't this be easy??  Brianna really wants the Rapunzel Doll that the squirrels (or whatever) braid her hair...is it terrible that the only thing I can think is that the hair will be ruined and tangled about 10 seconds after she gets it so it is really putting me off from buying it.  Even though it is pretty much the only thing she has consistently said she wants.
  • I love the idea of the Vtech V-reader for Brianna...but the more I think about it the more it feels like a racket to me.  Buy the system (which isn't cheap) then you have to buy the "books" because if you only have 1 she'll get bored and not use it so then the whole thing is a waste.
  • I love buying gifts for others, I love finding a good deal or something unique that I know the person getting is going to love.  My sister frequently emails me asking me to find something for her.  I am her personal shopper..and I love it.  Does anyone actually want to pay me to shop for them...I think it might be my true calling :)
  • I hate cleaning...I mean seriously HATE it.  I constantly tell Bob that I would be the perfect housewife except for the cleaning.  I love to cook/bake, I love being with my kids (most days :)  But I lose serious points on the housewife status on the cleaning.  My mom suggested I find someone who hates to cook/bake, but loves to clean and swap with them.  (Now you see where I get my brilliance!) Do I have any takers?
  • I need a new vacuum cleaner.  I cleaned this weekend (yes, that is why you guys had snow, because it rarely happens) and essentially had to vacuum the house with the stupid hose because the vacuum wouldn't pick anything up. 
  • I DO NOT want a vacuum cleaner for Christmas.  Apparently I'm still a kid and like to get things for Christmas that are fun.  (a vacuum cleaner does not fall into my fun category...see above).  I like to get books, DVDs, etc.  I think it is mostly because we live on a pretty strict budget (for the most part).  We don't just go buy things because we want them.  If I want to read a new book, I go to the library and wait until it is available, we rent DVDs from the library or redbox for $1 (and even that is rare).  To me, a Christmas or birthday present should be something you want that you wouldn't buy for yourself, a treat if you will...a vacuum cleaner to me is the opposite of a treat.  Am I the only one who thinks this way?? 
  • My husband is Mr. Practical, pretty sure he just read that above, shook his head and thought of 10 reasons why that statement above is completely illogical, he also thinks I'm insane...but loves me anyway.
  • My in-laws brought me over an extra sewing machine that they had because of a recent post.  I tried it out...lets just say the score is now sewing machine-1 -- Amber--0.  But I'm giving it another shot tomorrow.  (PS. Thanks Bob and Nancy!!  You guys are great!)
  • The most complicated thing I cooked/baked this weekend was monkey bread.  (see--cleaned this weekend and read as "I spent a long-ass time cleaning my kitchen and did not want to dirty it)  I am ill-prepared for meals this week.  I hate that, it makes me feel behind already.  Tomorrow I need to make my meal schedule and grocery list.
  • I watch an insane amount of crappy reality TV.  I should be embarrassed or ashamed...but I'm not, I love that junk.  Real Housewives, 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom...they are my crack.  I just can't quit them!
  • Last weekend while driving to IA with the kids I saw the most amazing sunset.  I remember thinking when I saw it that sunsets like that one are one of the million reasons I love IA.
  • I think it is hilarious that 12 years ago I couldn't wait to leave IA and never live there again.  Now, there is no place I'd rather raise my family.  Funny how time changes things. 
  • It seems like lots of my friends are pregnant or just had babies recently.  I feel old and outdated, I mean, my oldest is 5.  It also gives me a bit of baby fever.
  • My husband probably just fell of his chair while shaking his head NO after reading that last one! :)
  • I've been thinking about Bryce's birthday cake for about 2 months now.  I think I know what I'm going to make, it could be cool or it could turn out like crap...tune in early December to find out! :)  Maybe I'll take some pictures of what my kitchen looks like when I'm making a cake...I am not the *ahem* neatest person while I bake and decorate.
  • If any of you still wonder why I can't sleep at night take a look at the above list.  This is only a small portion of what is running through my head and even after writing this all out...I'm still not tired and my mind is still running wild.
  • I almost forgot...I promised you pictures.  My reasons for actually making myself go to sleep so I can function tomorrow and not be a grouch! :)

No comments: