Sunday, August 29, 2010

too tired to celebrate...

So today marks the 5th year of my little piece of blogland. And while I feel I should write something inspiring, profound, or funny...my brain is on haitus. I have so much to write about the fantastic weekend we spent with some of my very favorite people, but it will have to wait for another day. For tonight I will just tell you that after coming home from said weekend, we had to take Mr. Bryce to urgent care and we now have our first set of stitches in the house. He was running and hit his head on the door at grandma's house. So the little man has 5 stitches in the middle of his forehead. He was very brave, but kicked and screamed during the sutures. This mama's heart broke into a million pieces. He is fine, but I think mom and grandma are going to take some time to heal! He was all smiles by the time we left Bob and Nancy's tonight, the cut doesn't bother him at all...he probably would have been perfectly happy had we just left it alone. Anyway, that is all I can write tonight, but I promise to be back soon, if I don't melt first. It is 89 degrees in our house right now...at 10:30pm! Yikes!
Happy Birthday to my little piece of the internet...the only baby book my kids will probably ever have! :)
goodnight all!

Oh by the way...Greening Sam and Avery have extended this month's camping challenge through the Labor Day weekend. So you still have time to take your kids camping and be entered to win a great giveaway. (I really want you to do this, but part of me doesn't because the stuff she is giving away is awesome and if you enter, my chances get worse...BUT, go do it anyway because it is fun and I adore Abbie!) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh stitches would be the worst! Avery just had her MRI and they wouldn't let me in the room but since they didn't put her under they used some kind of restraints to keep her still. I could hear her screaming from the waiting room and it was miserable.
I am awful at even helping to hold my kids still to get shots! I do not think I could watch them getting stitches.
Poor man.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Thanks for the link!!