Thursday, July 22, 2010

a little about my little man...

Some days my little man stomps all over the last nerve I have. I know it is shocking that my children are not perfect (haha!). Being home all day every day with them has a lot of benefits, however...by the time Bob walks in the house at the end of the day I am usually done. Even if we have a fabulous day together with few fights/tantrums, etc. Usually the hour before Bob gets home they lose their shit (pardon my language). I have no idea what happens in that last hour, it is like their bodies are taken over by the devil. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just my kids? ANYWAY, it seems like I focus on too much of the "bad" so in an effort to remind myself of how adorable my little man is I just wanted to write out this post. More for me than for anyone, because someday (probably soon) this little phase will be over and I'll miss it. Bryce STILL will not say mama. What is up with that. He looks at me with a gleam in his eye and calls me dada. GRR. Lately the only way I can get him to hug/kiss me is to pretend I'm crying. I stick my bottom lip out in a pout and make crying noises. He will stop what he is doing and run over to me and hug me and give me a kiss. I usually smile at him and say "thank you". Sometimes I continue to pretend to cry. He will hug and kiss me again, and maybe a third time. But then he takes his hand and pushes my bottom lip back in, as if to say "enough mom, I know you're not really crying". This always makes me laugh. So I guess when I want to stop the insanity from now on...I'll just pretend to cry.

No comments: