Tuesday, July 13, 2010

father's day...

Father's day was a bit crazy this year! We took a very long weekend and first drove to Galesburg for the Knosher Outing. I usually go with Bob and watch but this year things were a little complicated so I just went to say hi to Harley and stop by the business office for my annual visit! I had the kiddos with me so they got to meet some very important people in our lives. I love taking them back to Knox, because that is where this little family started. Anyway we had a great visit with our friends in Galesburg, then we headed to Moline to visit with Alli and Gavin for a little bit. It has been a while since we've seen them and catch up and let the kids play together. After that stop we headed to Mom and Dad's. (Remember this is just the kids and I and we've been in and out of the car for the last 12 hours). On Friday my friend Jill and her kids came out to mom and dad's to play. We had great weather to start off the day, but after lunch the rain came. We tried to have the kids watch a movie...but they weren't having any of that. They ran around like crazy people! Friday night mom and dad watched the kids so I could go out for a girls night with Jill and her friend (my new friend) Lindsey. We had such a good time, it is amazing how much you don't even realize you need those times out until you have one. Saturday we went to my aunt and uncles 25th wedding anniversary party. It was nice to see a bunch of the family, but it is hard with 2 kids and no hubby to help out. Brianna danced for hours with my little cousin Nicole and was wiped out by the time we got home. Sunday we headed back home to see daddy for a little bit of Father's day! OH, while the kids and I were doing all of this...Bob was off playing golf in Galesburg and then in Michigan for our friend Vince's bachelor party. He had a very relaxing fun weekend and it was well deserved for being a fantastic daddy! :)

No comments: