Wednesday, January 20, 2010

my favorite thing...

My favorite thing in the whole wide world is watching my kiddos sleep, especially when they are babies. Last night Bryce woke up around 1am...and I was still up so I went and got him and held him while he fell back asleep. As he lay there sleeping I watched as he smiled, giggled, frowned and made crazy facial expressions. I looked at that beautiful boy and wished for just a moment I could see what was going on in his head. In those moments of watching him sleep or even watching Brianna sleep the whole day is washed away, all of the frustrations and the moments that I wanted to scream or cry...are gone and all that is left are images of my children laughing and smiling and being sweet to each other...the world feels right again. All too soon I won't be able to hold them in my arms ,watch them sleep and let their innocence wash away the day, I am grateful for every moment that I get to spend with them. They are my angels even when they aren't. :)

No comments: