Monday, January 18, 2010

christmas...part 2...

So, we headed to Iowa to spend Christmas with my family. We had planned to leave on Wednesday after Brianna got out of school but with the weather that was predicted for Iowa that day we decided to leave a day earlier. Bryce does not travel well. AT ALL. He slept for 30 minutes and then pretty much screamed the other 3 hours. It was not so much fun. We got to Mom and Dad's in one piece and with our hearing still mostly intact, so I will consider it a success. Wednesday was a pretty low-key day. I was supposed to meet some friends from high school on Wednesday evening but there was about 2 inches of ice on everything at the time I was to leave...so I opted to stay home. I was bummed that I missed everyone but hopefully we'll be able to get together sometime in the near future. Anyway, Thursday found us getting ready for Christmas Eve mass. It was crowded and hot and the kids were lets just say...not so good. I have always loved Christmas Eve mass, but I'll be honest, I didn't get anything out of it and I was glad when it was over. (I'm sure I'm going to hell for that statement...but it was really not good). Back at my parents we had homemade pizza (our tradition) and then opened some gifts. It was ridiculous there were so many presents they didn't even really fit in the one room. Everyone was happy though and that is what counts. Christmas morning the kids opened up the presents Santa brought. One thing I will probably always remember is that when Brianna opened her big present (a dollhouse) she shrugged her shoulders and said "It is fine...but it isn't the one I wanted" Yup...way to go Santa! We headed to my Aunt and Uncles for a while on Christmas Day and then up to my Grandma's house. She spoiled everyone and it was so great to see the family! Saturday Bob and I met up with some of my friends from high school and had a great time laughing and reminiscing. Sunday we had the last of our Christmases with my Dad's family. It was great to see everyone and it was the first time some of them have seen Bryce. All-in-all a very hectic but great holiday season!





No comments: