Sunday, November 30, 2008

grateful...

So, I guess it has been a little while since I've posted. We're still chugging along. We had a good Thanksgiving. Although it was a tad bittersweet for me, as we were supposed to be in Iowa, but decided to stick close to home in case Baby Carroll decided to make his/her appearance early. But other than a lot of heartburn, insomnia, and being very uncomfortable, things are quite calm on the baby front. Thankfully, Bob's parents came over on Thursday and then again on Friday along with Brian and Mary, so I had some distractions to avoid thinking about not being with my family. It is not like I never see my family, but when for the first 23 years of your life you spend every holiday, special occasion with them, and then for the next 5 develop a system where you get to spend every other holiday with them, and then suddenly everything changes (although the reason for the disruption in the plans is a good one and one we're very excited about), it is hard to readjust. Anyway, I know that we'll be together soon enough, and that the new addition to our family will be a wonderful reason to be together. We have so much to be thankful for this year, we are blessed in so many ways, with the friends that we have, who would do anything for us, for the family who loves us unconditionally, for the beautiful little girl who sometimes, we think, is trying to drive us insane, but also makes us laugh on a daily basis, for this new baby, who I am certain is going to bring just as much joy to our life, and (in my case) for Bob, I couldn't get through the day without him. He keeps me going when I don't think I can, and he supports me and loves me unconditionally, for this I am truly thankful. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have a blessed holiday season. I can't believe that 2008 is soon wrapping up, when it seems as if it just started. I'll be back soon with more updates of our weekend and a picture (and yes I only have 1).
Lots of love from our family to yours!

No comments: