Tuesday, July 29, 2008

bix weekend 2008...

This past weekend Bob and I made the trek to Moline to visit Alli & Steve (yes again...and no we never stay home). Alli does the Bix every year and this year due to certain circumstances, she decided to walk the Quick Bix (2 miles instead of 7) so I decided to join her, while her brother, Matt, ran the full Bix. It was so incredible...I could not believe the amount of people there. It was and still is completely indescribable.

If you are at all familiar with Davenport, IA, you know of Brady Street. Its a pretty steep little street. The race starts on Brady Street. It is crazy, curb to curb people, we only walked and were zigging and zagging around people to keep moving, I can't even imagine what it was like for the runners.

Anyway, we had a great time, the winner of the Bix ran it in something like 32 minutes. (I didn't know it was humanly possible to run 7 miles in 32 minutes...I'm pretty sure its not for me! :)

After the race we went back to the Cottrell's and relaxed, while the boys played another round of golf, after the golfers returned we played some Wii and ate and had a blast playing games and drinking (well not me of course).

I'm already looking forward to next year, where I'm planning on running the Quick Bix. I think it'll take me a few years before I'm ready for the full one!

Thanks Alli & Steve...we had a great time (as always).

2 comments:

Abbie said...

I cannot believe how much you all travel! Isn't it exhausting? One weekend to visit family and I feel like I need to rest for a month to recover.

amber said...

It is exhausting, but most of the time its worth it...we miss everyone! After this weekend/next week, we'll (or at least I) am home for a while. I thought this summer was going to be calm since we didn't have any weddings at all this year (for the first time since Bob and I started dating 9 years ago!), but that was not the case.