Tuesday, August 02, 2022

seventeen

 Dear B,

I can't believe we've arrived at this point already, both at your birthday (because wasn't it just your birthday) and the fact that you are 17. I swear you were just 6 and getting ready to start kindergarten and here you are, ready to start your junior year and spending half your day at the community college taking classes. It's so cliché but honestly, where did the time go? While focusing on and enjoying (mostly)the day to day the years just slipped past and you have grown into this beautiful, talented, hardworking, stubborn kind woman. It is hard to imagine this house without you in it every single day (good thing I have another 2 years to adjust) because honestly, 95% of the time I just love being around you, chatting and laughing about nothing, having your dad look at us like we've lost our minds when we're overtired and giggling about the dumbest things. You are absolutely the best parts of me and your dad. I cannot even begin to explain to you how in awe of you I am, by the things you do and the way you carry yourself. You are going to move mountains my sweet girl. Seventeen years ago you changed my life immeasurably and you have continued to change it every day since. You make my world, THIS world better. Keep being unapologetically yourself and sharing your heart with the world, it needs more strong and confident women. I wish I could give you a world that was better and safer...but I am confident you will navigate it with strength and grace, regardless of the situation. To say I am proud of you is such an understatement and I'm excited to see what this next year brings. I love you more than you can possibly imagine. Have the best day my sweet girl.

Love always,

Mom









No comments: