Wednesday, March 23, 2011

zero waste success (sort of)...

Yesterday was Greening Sam and Avery's Zero Waste Day.  I personally took the challenge (because I wasn't with the rest of my family yesterday) and I am happy to say that I did not throw a single thing away yesterday.  We try to recycle as much as we can in this house, but i will admit we are paper product addicts.  Paper plates, napkins and paper towels are staples around here.  I've been trying hard to limit the paper plate use around here and have been mildly successful.  Yesterday I took my pop to work in my reusable cup and even though Bob and the kids weren't going to be home for dinner and I was very tempted to grab something on my way home I thought about how I would have to admit that I threw something away completely out of convenience and laziness, so I decided to have leftovers at home instead.  Thanks Abbie for this great challenge I know I will think more about what we throw away in this house and find ways we can reduce our waste!

thankful day 9...
  1. a few hours of quiet before Bob and the kids got home
  2. Bob bringing home Julie Ann's frozen yogurt as a surprise (YUM)
  3. Mockingjay being available at the library
  4. making it through zero waste day with zero waste
  5. a very productive day at work

No comments: