Thursday, November 18, 2010

80...

This beautiful woman turns 80 years old today.  I have so many things I want to say, yet none seem adequate to honor her on this special day.   Her smile lights up a room, and her heart is bigger than you could possibly imagine.  Her love for her family runs so deep, there are no words that can describe it.  She teaches by example and loves unconditionally.  Some of my favorite childhood memories were spent on the farm during the summer.  And now, taking the kids to visit her is one of my favorite things to do.  The kids light up around her and she never complains when they make a mess or pull out her flowers (ahem...Bryce), she just smiles and laughs and says that it is getting towards the end of the season anyway.  I am so glad my kids get to see her as much as they do, to feel her love, to see her smile, to be on the receiving end of her hugs, to make memories.  I learn so much from her every minute I'm around her, I feel so lucky that she is a part of my life.  She is an amazing mom, grandma, and great-grandma, sister, wife, and friend.  I only hope that I can be half the woman she is someday.  She is a beautiful, amazing woman.  No words do her justice, really...I'm a fool to even try, I guess I could best sum it up by quoting my 2 year old nephew, Jackson, when asked if he had fun at her birthday party "yes--I love her".  Well said, little man, well said.
Happy 80th Birthday, Grandma.  I hope you have the most beautiful of days...you deserve it.  I love you with all of my heart.

No comments: