Wednesday, August 04, 2010

i really looked...

The kids seemed so much bigger after a week at my mom and dad's house. As we sat in church Saturday night and Bryce was asleep in my arms, I couldn't help but just stare at him and try to memorize everything about him. How incredibly long his eyelashes are and how they curl perfectly. His little button nose (I think the one trait he got from me). His little dimple in his chin, everything about him still looks (to me) sort of like a baby. BUT, when he is awake he is all little boy and I don't see the baby anymore. I am trying my best to cherish the times that the kids will let me hold them, with both kids the times are becoming fewer and far between. A week away from my kids brought me a perspective that I didn't even know I needed. It was great to have a break and I know they had a blast, but I'm happy to have them back home and in my arms! (But ask me again tomorrow and the answer may be different! I kid, I kid!)

No comments: