Monday, October 26, 2009

my babies are sick...

ALL of them. Last Tuesday/Wednesday Bob started to not feel well. By Thursday he had a positive Influenza A test. He stayed home from wok on Thursday and worked from home on Friday. I worked at keeping the kids as far away from him as possible (not an easy task), and banished myself to the couch so that Bob could rest and I could hopefully avoid getting sick. By Friday both kids were coughing, and by Saturday morning, Bryce sounded bad. Off to the doctor, where his temp was 101.7 and he was coughing. The doctor, after hearing that we had a positive case of the flu in our house didn't bother testing him and just prescribed tamiflu. So I then worked on keeping Brianna away from Bryce (an even harder task). Saturday night she woke up coughing really badly. Yesterday morning we were back at the doctor's office. Brianna didn't have a fever, but the coughing, mixed with the exposure in our house and her past respiratory issues landed her a prescription for tamiflu as well. Her fever appeared last night topping out at 103.2 along with throwing up. She was up most of the night last night so today we are home laying on the couch watching movies and confining Bryce to his pack-n-play so that he is forced to rest a little. I promise at some point to catch you all up on what has been going on around here, but for now...I've got about all that I can handle. Did I mention that I haven't slept in my own bed since last Tuesday night and that I've been getting about 2 hours of sleep a night, in 10 minute bursts? I am tired...but I am not yet sick...who has time? Wishing you all healthy households.

Oh...one piece of news not flu related...Bryce cut his first two teeth on Friday. Poor kid had a rough week!

No comments: