Monday, June 29, 2009

few random thoughts from the past week...

Whew...I feel like there hasn't even been a moment to catch my breath this last week.
The services for Grandma Caruso were beautiful and such a wonderful tribute to her life. I was asked to read what I wrote here about Grandma at the wake. I was very honored that I was asked, but those of you who know me well know that I'm a slightly emotional person. I didn't even get 1 word out before breaking down. But I did it for Grandma, she was another grandma to me and she welcomed me into her family and I am forever grateful for that. At the end of the day we went back to the place she had called home for so long, soaked in the beautiful sunlight while the kids swam and played in the lake. Smiles and laughter everywhere, I think it is just how grandma would have wanted it. On our way home we stopped back by the cemetary because Bob was telling me about the picture of Grandma & Grandpa Caruso that is in the center of their headstone. While we were there, Brianna was asking questions and I don't remember the entire conversation but at one point she asked "so Great-Grandma is next to Great-Grandpa?" and Bob told her "yes". The she looked at him and asked "so they can play together in heaven?" Bob and I looked at each other and smiled and nodded. I thought to myself "yes baby, I doubt they have stopped dancing since she arrived."

No comments: