In honor of Jodie's air it out post I've decided to give it a shot myself...
1. Our kids have no bedtime routine, it is not unusual for Brianna to be awake at 10pm (or later) this is our fault, but I do not have the patience to try to instill a bedtime routine.
2. I try to give the kids a bath every other day, but that doesn't always happen (read...almost never) Heck we are stuck inside all day, every day...how dirty can they be?
3. The thought of packing up 2 kids in carseats to drive down the block to the store (when it is too cold to walk) makes me want to cry, so we don't go anywhere.
4. I often threaten that we will not go somewhere because of bad behavior, but don't often follow through because it is usually more punishment for everyone else than it is for her.
5. I have showered 1 time since last Friday, it was also the only time I've left the house since then.
6. I can't remember the last time I dusted. Our living room furniture is supposed to be a dark wood, instead it looks gray.
7. I have stood in the shower until the hot water runs out because it is the only place I occasionally have some privacy.
8. Our 3 year old has a TV in her room, and it is on every night when she goes to bed.
9. I didn't feel guilty having Brianna in daycare. I realize now how many less dirty diapers I had to change while she was there. (plus she loved it)
10. I've taken a shower and put on the same (dirty) clothes I've worn and slept in for days on end...more than I care to admit.
There are a million more, but I'm not brave enough to share all of them :)
I'm embarrassed about these things because of the way I think people will react to them not because I'm truly embarrassed about them (well maybe the shower thing :)).
I just watched the Oprah show from yesterday and it is funny how I related to the mom's on there who said a million things I've been thinking, so I wonder why I still feel so ashamed of all the things I feel and why I wrote and edited this post about 15 times before I even felt slightly comfortable posting this.