- We are on track (at least as far as I know) to close on our house on the 31st of this month. THIS MONTH people!! It will be the longest/shortest month ever.
- By the time we move out, the kids and I will have been at my parents for almost an entire year.
- My parents are saints.
- I fall more in love with our house every time I step foot into it. (and I LOVED it from just the pictures online).
- As much as I love it, I am at this point still trying not to get too attached...things have had a way of falling apart for the last 2ish years...so I'm being cautiously optimistic.
- I know many will read the above comment and think that I am negative, but really...I'm just trying to protect myself a little from heartbreak...it has been a very long road.
- I am itching to get into the house and do stuff (it is empty right now), my patience is now practically non-existent.
- I realize my last couple of bullets are completely contradictory.
- My pinterest board for the house is completely out of control right now. I think I could craft 24 hours a day until our closing and still not do all the stuff I want to do.
- Who knew that finding bedding that Bob and I both like (and doesn't cost as much as the house) would be so hard?
- Do you know that Walmart sells a shower curtain that can range from $199.99-$512.00?
- If you are paying $512 for a shower curtain...why are you shopping at Walmart?
- I have a hard time paying $20 for a shower curtain...it is a piece of fabric that gets wet...seriously...why should that cost me that much money?
- We have a spreadsheet of stuff we need for the house, complete with links to things we like and prices. We are nerds.
- If you haven't guessed by now...the house is consuming my life.
- Although I'm never entirely happy with my baking exploits...I feel it is fairly safe to say I've made some kick ass cakes this month.
- I made one tonight for a co-worker...angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream frosting that I decorated with raspberries, blueberries and almond slices and made them look like flowers.
- I made one a few weeks ago that was yellow cake with raspberry chocolate ganache and chocolate glaze frosting, garnished with fresh raspberries.
- I'll post pictures of said cakes soon.
- I'm so excited to make Brianna's birthday cake in my new kitchen!
- The kitchen is my favorite part of the whole house, it sealed the deal for me.
- I will now stop talking about the house.
- I had about 12,000 more things to say...but I've forgotten them all.
- I guess that is a sign it is time to stop rambling.
Sunday, July 01, 2012
Apparently the only ways to get me to post regularly is to give me a book that I really love and dangle the reward of another great book in front of me if I post a review about it...or...to have 1 million things running through my head and no ability to shut them off so I can go to sleep. Tonight it is the latter. Since I'm not thinking super clearly tonight I think bullet points are in order, unless you'd like to read this entire post as one long run-on sentence.
Posted by amber at 10:49 PM