Tuesday, December 03, 2019

the one where he turns eleven...

Dear Bryce,
What a year it has been buddy! You started the year by reaching your goal of qualifying for the AAU State Wrestling tournament. It was so fun to watch you that day. When you realized you were going to place and go to state, you crawled up on my lap and whispered "mom...I'm going to state" You were so happy and proud to have your hard work pay off, that moment was definitely one of the highlights of my year. You continued to work hard and finally state weekend was here. You went out and wrestled hard and made it to Sunday...you were going to place at the state tournament! Getting there was always the goal, placing was absolutely the icing on the cake. After wrestling season wrapped up (as much as it ever really wraps up), baseball and golf took over. Between the two you had a very busy spring and summer (and so did we), then it was on to football and soccer and now we're back to wrestling. As crazy and hectic as our lives are, I wouldn't trade a second of it. Watching you and your sister do the things you love brings me the greatest joy. You are kind and loving, stubborn and hilarious. You bring joy to every day of my life. While I do wish time would slow down a little, I can honestly say that I am so excited to continue to see the man you will become. I wish you the happiest of birthdays my sweet boy. I hope eleven brings you all the joy, love and laughter you deserve.
Happy 11th Birthday, Buddy. I love you more than you could possibly know.
Love always,
Mom

No comments: